Cazorla Delight At Villarreal Deal

Santi Cazorla has admitted that it did not take him long to decide to pen a new deal with Villarreal rather than wait and see if Real Madrid would make an offer for him. The 23-year-old was reported to be the subject of interest from los Merengues and stated that he would find it difficult to turn down a move to the Bernabéu, but now he has done just that. After holding talks with Villarreal about a new six-year deal at El Madrigal, Cazorla told reporters that he had not had to think for long about the decision to stay. "I am very happy to stay here because I consider this club to be my home," he explained. "What was most important was that the club showed that I am important to them. I did not have to think for long about things. "I really appreciate all the effort the club made. I did not delay my decision because it was the best choice for me." Villarreal president Fernando Roig was also delighted with the news and was proud to have been able to fend off interest from Madrid in order to keep Cazorla. "He is a super important player for us. We have all worked hard to ensure he stays. It is a great feeling to keep a player like him here," he explained.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers