Robinho Targets Title

Robinho has revealed that Manchester City’s ambitious plans to win the Premier League title persuaded him to join the club after speaking out for the first time since joining in a British record £32.5 million deal. In what was an incredible last day of the transfer window, City, funded by new owners, went on a mad shopping spree making bids worth a total of €300 million for players around the world. And at 11:58pm they secured the signing of the former Real Madrid star, signalling their intent to become one of the world’s biggest football clubs. The Brazilian, who has spoken out for the first time since securing his move to the club’s official website after a meeting with Mark Hughes, is targeting ‘lots of goals’ and a Premier League title during his stay at Eastlands. “I knew that Manchester City is a very big club, there’s a great team there already and this is an exciting project,” he said. “I liked the project, and when City made the offer to Real Madrid, I decided to come here. I liked the plans that Manchester City have and I want to succeed with them,” he added. “The fans’ reaction makes me very, very happy, and I want to repay this excitement by performing on the pitch, and scoring a lot of goals for the fans. “I play with Jo and Elano in our national team, they are my friends and I know them very well. Having such great players already at City was one of the reasons why I decided to come here. “I met with the Manager today and it went very well, I know that he was a great player and I think that will be a big help to me. I want to help the Manager and the team to win the Premier League, that’s my ambition here.” Robinho has now flown out to Rio ahead of Brazil’s World Cup qualifiers and could make his City debut in a mouth-watering clash against Chelsea in two weeks’ time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers