Amauri: I Could Say No To Italy And Brazil

It's perhaps the toughest choice Amauri will make in his career, but the striker may simply chose to dodge the issue by refusing to play for both Brazil and Italy at international level. Juventus striker Amauri is so fed up regarding his international future he has threatened both Italy coach Marcello Lippi and Brazil tactician Carlos Dunga. The Brazilian hit-man will have the luxury of choosing between both countries once his Italian citizenship comes through. Speculaation over where he will play continues to grow, but the player could pull out of international football before he even starts. "I could say no to both teams. I came to Juventus as a relatively unknown player and this means I don't really need international football," Amauri told La Repubblica. "I would like to make things clear because many people who know what they are saying talk to me. "All the talk about it annoys me because it's as if I am at an auction between Lippi and Dunga. "I don't really want to talk about it anymore until I get an official call up. At that point my response could even be a negative one." Amauri has been outstanding for the Bianconeri this season and his consistent performances have been noted by both Lippi and Dunga. The striker may play against Brazil in the friendly match with Italy in February if he gets the nod from the Azzurri coach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers