Boca Fans Have Hurt Me

Argentina coach Diego Maradona has spoken of his sadness after Boca Juniors fans labelled him a traitor. The Los Bosteros faithful turned on their former hero after his recent spat with Juan Roman Riquelme. Riquelme quit the Argentina side, claiming 'El Pibe De Oro' was the reason behind his decision. The playmaker claimed he couldn't get along with his coach, and was unhappy. This led to uproar at La Bombonera as Boca fans shunned the legendary striker. "It hurt me in the soul that they have branded me a traitor but I can't do anything about it," Maradona told Radio Mitre. "I don't blame the supporters, they have the right to support whoever they want. "I can't do absolutely anything about it apart from continuing on my way. "I've explained that I wanted Riquelme in my team but they have seen it the way they choose to see it." Maradona is still a big fan of Boca, and he admits he will not let the recent fan agression keep him away from the stadium. The faithful displayed anti-Maradona banners for last Sunday's game with Argentinos Juniors. "The fact that somebody called me a traitor hurt me in the heart. But I can't do anything about it. I know what I have given to Boca, and how much I like Boca, and this won't change my opinion no matter what they say," the icon added. Despite this, El Diez affirmed that he will return to Boca's stadium in the future, asserting, "If Dalma would like to attend a match, I will go with her. I don't have absolutely anything against the people of Boca." In further declarations to radio Mitre, Maradona stated that "the player will always be supported (in these kinds of situations) because he is the one who gives the fans satisfaction. "Of course, I'll return. The last thing I would do in my life would be to get angry with the Boca public," concluded the former Napoli man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers