Why I'm Leaving United

In his first full interview since agreeing to move from Manchester United to Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo has explained the reasoning behind his transfer. Speaking to the News Of The World, Ronaldo admitted that he had been contemplating a switch to the Bernabeu for some time. He said, "After we won the European Cup [Champions League], I began to think that there was nothing left for me to achieve in Manchester. "I realised that when you achieve everything, it is time to seek a new challenge. I stayed another year and enjoyed it, but my dream was to play for Real Madrid." Many cynics have suggested that Ronaldo's main incentive to move to Madrid was a monetary one, but the Portuguese star dismissed such suggestions. He continued, "Of course I did not move for money. "What I want is to be the greatest player in the world. I know I need to work a lot, but that is my goal. "And it is clear that if you become the best player of Real Madrid, you will become one of the best in history." Ronaldo's €94 million transfer to Real Madrid will create a new world record for transfer fees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers