Michael Owen Joins Manchester United

Michael Owen has signed for Manchester United, completing a move that even a couple of days ago would have been laughed at as being too far-fetched for serious consideration. He has signed a two-year contract. The Red Devils have confirmed the striker's capture on their official website, and Owen is clearly delighted to have completed such sensational move, saying, "I had just begun to talk to other clubs when out of the blue Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him the next morning during which he told me that he wanted to sign me. I agreed without a moment's thought.
"This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I intend to seize it with both hands. "I am now looking forward to being a Manchester United player and I am fortunate that I already know so many of the players here. I missed pre-season last year and am pleased that I will be starting at Carrington from day one. "I want to thank Sir Alex for the faith he has shown in me and I give him my assurance that I will repay him with my goals and performances." United manager Alex Ferguson was also pleased to have reinforced his forward line, depleted by the recent departure of Cristiano Ronaldo and the imminent exit of Carlos Tevez, stating, "Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question. "Coming to Manchester United with the expectations that we have is something that Michael will relish." Owen will now link up with friends and former England colleagues Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand, as he looks to put himself back in the frame for Fabio Capello's England squad with the World Cup only a year away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers