Saviola: My Situation May Change

Real Madrid fringe man Javier Saviola has brushed off rumours of a move to Newcastle United or indeed any other club by stating that he's yet to receive an offer, but he didn't rule out giving any potential bid due consideration...Speaking to Realmadrid.com, 'El Conejo' revealed that he had not received any transfer contact so far, but that his future was not fully settled. "There's been speculation? So I've learned from the media. Nobody has tried to contact me," he said. He went on to say that 'currently' he regarded himself as a Real Madrid player, but that this could potentially be subject to change. "My future currently rests at Real Madrid. The competition hasn't started yet, but I will have to look at what situation I'm in once it does," he said. "I still want to work hard in order to get more playing time. The best thing for a footballer is to have the confidence of his coach. (Bernd) Schuster has given me his confidence." Both Saviola and Soldado had the coach's backing last season, but between them they started just six league games. The Argentine Connection Asked to comment both on Argentina's reaching the Olympic final and the role of alleged Madrid transfer target Angel Di María, Saviola was in proud mood. "I am very happy. I think the final score was fair because Argentina played very well. Every Argentine is happy today, not just me. Today is a lovely day," he said. "As for Di María, I honestly have to say I don't know much about him. He's surprised me in the Olympics. He is very young and has an important position on the team. "I'm sure he will play for an important club in the future, but I don't know if he'll come here. He is a quality player and I'm sure he'll have a very good career. "And Robinho? I only teased him a little. We joked for a while and then got to work." Domestic Competition In closing he looked at the role of Barcelona in the upcoming Liga campaign, as well as the upcoming second leg meeting with Valencia in the Supercopa, Madrid having lost 3-2 at the Mestalla in the first on Sunday. "(Barcelona) have undergone a great change. They've been playing at a high level this pre-season. I'm sure they will be a tough opponent," he said. "The new coach has brought in important reinforcements and I believe they'll have a great year if they continue to play this well. "The Super Cup? The match will be difficult, but I think we can come back from the defeat. We should always try our best to win at home, but it will be tough because Valencia have very strong players. We want to play a great game to win the Super Cup."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers