My Retirement Will Be A Sad Day For Me

Milan legend Paolo Maldini admits the day he retires will be one of the saddest of his career, but he has preferred to focus on the positives. The stopper has already confirmed his farewell to Calcio following a career which stretches back to 1978 when he joined Milan as a youth player. Having earned legendary status over the years, Maldini is ready to confront his big decision with professionalism and philosophy. "I have always imagined how my retirement would be and surely it will be a sad day for me," Maldini told Itasportpress.it. "However, I will live it serenely because I am leaving a sport which has given me so much. It has made me laugh and smile and it has given me plenty of satisfactions both on a professional and human level." Maldini is proud that he has been able to fly the flag for his club. The defender recounts his illustrious past, believing it will soften the blow of retirement. "All the trophies I have won make me proud as well as all the things I have been able to achieve with this club," added Maldini. "Football has been an experience which has given me many nice things, but only a few bad ones. The bad things can be attributed to some defeats, but this is part of football, and so I will accept it." Il Capitano is set to hang up his boots at the end of term.

1 comments:

Ryan Giggs said...

Maldini memang legenda ac milan..

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers