Paolo Maldini: Kaka The Next Milan Captain

Milan legend Paolo Maldini will retire at the end of the season and will play his last ever home match against Roma this weekend at the San Siro. The game is expected to be an exciting affair, that will honour the player's fantastic career. "At present, I am a man living through very strong emotions," the 40-year-old revealed to Milan Channel. "I see this time as a great feast of the past 25 years. I will have my family and friends by my side. I hope to have the strength to play a good match and win, then celebrate with all the people who have wished me well." The defender then suggested who he believes should take over the captain's armband for the Rossoneri. "There is a moment in life when one must take on more responsibility and Ricardo [Kaka], it seems, will remain here for a long time," he continued. "It is right that he aspires to become captain and he has the personality to do it." Maldini recently made his 900th appearance for the club in all competitions. He made his Serie A debut in 1985 against Udinese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers