Ronaldo: I Won't Be Bullied

Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has sent a warning to Chelsea ahead of Sunday's Premier League showdown, insisting he will not be kicked off the park...Ronaldo made his first appearance of the season this week, coming on as a second-half substitute in United's Champions League stalemate with Villarreal. The Portuguese winger is a chance to start at Stamford Bridge in a rematch of last season's European Cup final, in which he scored as the Red Devils triumphed on penalties. As arguably the best player on the planet, the 23-year-old has grown accustomed to teams adopting an ultra-physical approach in an attempt to nullify his influence. And Ronaldo, who scored some 42 goals in all competitions last season, has dared the Blues to try such tactics on Sunday. He told The Sun: “I know that the attempts to intimidate me on the pitch will start again immediately — but everyone finds sooner or later that it is difficult to make me lose my rag. “I’ll be booted again but I will not kick out when it happens. I’m tough and, again, it’s all just part of the spectacle. “I’ll do my damage as usual by paying them all back with my goals.” United have endured a sluggish start in Ronaldo's absence, their only win coming courtesy of Darren Fletcher's lone goal at Portsmouth last month. But the Seleccao star insisted: “There’s no problem at all with our form. Last year we started like this, look how we ended up!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers