'Flattered' By Barca

Manchester City striker Robinho has admitted he is flattered by reported interest from Barcelona and said playing at Camp Nou would be "easier" than playing at City. According to El Mundo Deportivo the striker was quoted, on a Brazilian radio station Radio Bandeirantes, as saying that he does not have a problem with Citizens coach Mark Hughes and denied that he is trying to force his way out of Eastlands. "I'm very happy for the interest that Barcelona have shown in me because, well, playing in the Nou Camp is much easier to be the best player in the world than to do so at City," he remarked. "I'm going through a good moment, my level of football had a drop in performance. I'm very aware that I have to improve and I think now is the time when I explode." The former Real Madrid striker also said that he will not rush himself back from injury and risk missing the World Cup in South Africa next summer. "I have to exploit my game at the World Cup. It would not be worth pushing myself now and then doing nothing at the World Cup. My recovery has to go step by step. "I am not forcing a departure from England and I have no problems with my coach," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
© Copyright 2010 Football Lovers